Supermodel Cindy Crawford stops traffic but her longevity is a smart, calculated path. Minus some carbs. - Newspread

Header Ads

Supermodel Cindy Crawford stops traffic but her longevity is a smart, calculated path. Minus some carbs.

FRESH, natural and goddamn gorgeous, Cindy Crawford exudes the same kind of warmth you expect of someone whose success has been a 30-year ride.
“Jet lag is so bad, but the best trick is that when I am somewhere I don’t think about what time it is in LA and I try to go to the gym and try and reset my clock,’’ she says matter-of-factly.
“I don’t exercise everyday,” adds the fit and fun 51-year-old.
“In an ideal week I’ll go to the gym maybe twice and do a Pilates class and I love to hike with girlfriend. So that’s about it!”
With brand associations and collaborations the norm in celebrity-land, the one Cindy is spruiking while in Australia has been going on for 20 years.
Cindy Crawford also features on the cover of Vogue Australia, March 2017. Issue on sale Feb. 13. Pic: Emma Summerton 
<a href="http://edition.cnn.com/" target="_blank">vogue.com.au</a>
Cindy Crawford also features on the cover of Vogue Australia, March 2017. Issue on sale Feb. 13. Pic: Emma Summerton vogue.com.auSource:Supplied
“I’m not a 20-year-old model anymore,’ she adds. “I turned 50 last year and Omega let me evolve with them, so I do a lot of philanthropy for the brand, so I’m lucky to have been able to evolve with them.”
“I think ambassadorships are like a marriage,” she says.
“You just don’t want to sleep with people. I want a commitment and I am ‘married’ to Omega.
Cindy remembers her supermodel ‘squad’ days fondly. Let’s face it, before Taylor Swift and her ‘squad’ there was the ‘super’ squad.
The runway girls, who included Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista were a favoured collective of in-demand models who set the agenda on the runway, in designer campaigns and in some cases, were party girls, par excellence.
Model and designer Gail Elliot caught up with her fellow ‘super’ Cindy Crawford in Sydney this week. Picture: @littlejoewoman_/Instagram
Model and designer Gail Elliot caught up with her fellow ‘super’ Cindy Crawford in Sydney this week. Picture: @littlejoewoman_/InstagramSource:Instagram
“We were just so busy back then and you were just going at such an amazing speed and at the time I thought it was fun, but looking back on it is just great fun.
“When we can reminisce and share it together, it’s great to connect on that level.
Whether Cindy would enjoy the same kind of success if she was to be ‘starting out’ now, she is circumspect about.
“I guess the stars have to be in the perfect alignment,” she smiles.
“There is certainly a lot more pressure on the girls to be thinner now. I had curves, I had a body and no-one made me feel any different. I really don’t know how it would be now.”
As for the gang of ‘supers’ getting back together on the runway, Cindy has other ideas.
“I think I’d much prefer to sit back and have dinner and a few tequilas and talk.”
Cindy says she eats well but isn’t a slave to her diet.
“There is nothing that I won’t eat but there are things I won’t eat a lot of,’’ she smiles.
“For me, I hate to say it because I love carbs. They love me a little too much, like they tend to stick around if I eat too many of them’’ she grins.
“A big bowl of pasta would be like totally decadent to me.
“I don’t like chocolate, I NEED chocolate everyday!”
Cindy married Rande Gerber in May, 1998 on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. (AP Photo/Arthur Elgort) f/l /Models /Weddings
Cindy married Rande Gerber in May, 1998 on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. (AP Photo/Arthur Elgort) f/l /Models /WeddingsSource:AP
Cindy’s no non-drinker and her preferred tipple is, yup, tequila. Tequila on the rocks is fact.
Well, Cindy’s husband, Rande Gerber is in partnership with George Clooney in the tequila brand, Casamigos.
She was also quick to congratulate George and Amal Clooney who are expecting twins.
“Yes, I heard that. That was amazing. Congratulations,” she said.
Cindy Crawford has had her relationship with the watch brand, Omega (who have flown her to Australia) for 20 years.
“When I started working with them in 1995, the company had a great reputation as a watchmaker,” she says. “They’d been around since the middle of the 19th century and were famous for sports timekeeping, their divers’ watches and, of course, their association with the space program and all the moon landings.
Cover girl: Cindy’s Omega ambassador trip to Australia coincides with her new cover for Vogue Australia
Cover girl: Cindy’s Omega ambassador trip to Australia coincides with her new cover for Vogue AustraliaSource:Supplied
“I had the chance from the very beginning, to have input on the design of the Constellation watches and I’m proud of the fact that Omega is now, along with all of its technical accomplishments, considered to be a ‘fashionable’ watchmaker.”
Tonight, the watch brand is hosting a black-tie dinner with 100 guests who will help unveil of the “Her Time” exhibition in Sydney’s Martin Place. The exhibition open to the public until 24th March 2017.
On this very short trip to Australia, the Malibu-based Cindy and her family head straight to New York afterwards for fashion week: “We don’t stop, but wouldn’t have it any other way,” she smiles and she zips off.
Cindy Crawford poses with her daughter Kaia Gerber and son Presley Gerber as they attend 'The Hospital In The Sky' Asian premiere in Hong Kong. (Photo by Anthony Kwan/Getty Images for Omega)
Cindy Crawford poses with her daughter Kaia Gerber and son Presley Gerber as they attend 'The Hospital In The Sky' Asian premiere in Hong Kong. (Photo by Anthony Kwan/Getty Images for Omega)Source:Getty Images

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.